TotalDaily
Topics:29780  7.14
Users:10179  2.44
MEMBERS ONLINE
Currently no members online.
You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Login  

New User? Sign Up!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Fender's EVH brand come out with another replica guitar to celebrate the 2012 tour and album
Yes
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
No
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Maybe
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

mlannooOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Fender  PostPosted: Aug 07, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Sc0rch wrote:
I would put anyone's halen.com build (including my own) up against anything fender put out. The attention to details spent here on a personal build far outweigh what a mass produced guitar from one company could ever accomplish.

WORD!!!

Reply with quote Back to top
nighto5150Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Fender  PostPosted: Aug 07, 2012 - 09:27 PM

mlannoo wrote:
Sc0rch wrote:
I would put anyone's halen.com build (including my own) up against anything fender put out. The attention to details spent here on a personal build far outweigh what a mass produced guitar from one company could ever accomplish.

WORD!!!

I totally agree! The builds here are extraordinary compared to the Fenders!

Imagine being Fender Music company and you have Ed breathing down your neck with a strict contract stating all 300 have to be done in a ridiculously short period of time. So they cut corners and sacrificing accuracy comes along with it. This is something EBMM didn't do, so Ed pulled the plug on EBMM.

BTW: I need to get off my arse and continue with my build! You guys are pumping out some killer builds and I'm jealous! LOL

AtomicPunk91Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2012 - 09:43 PM

I think the best option to celebrate Ed and Van Halen's resurgence in '12 is a high quality official book on Ed's guitars with new detailed photos of Franky, 5150, Shark, Rude etc. This would be a great gear retrospective to have for the fans. If it was done chronologically from Ed's early days till his first Ernie Ball signatures and up to the modern Stealth, and possibly with a foreword from Ed about his 'tone chasing' and history of gear.

Highly unlikely and probably a fan dream, but nonetheless it would be incredible to have something like that come out from the EVH camp.

Atomic Punk Guitars*
*Coming soon!

Trans Am+Cruising+Rock N Roll+Beautiful Girl=Heaven

jimi1647Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2012 - 11:47 PM

ECruz wrote:
When I read the thread title, i thought it was about the EVH brand expanding into new models, not making replicas of old models. Something else to go along with the Wolfgang.
Perhaps offering Strats with EVH influences. I know the Charvels pretty much handle the hot rod strat but what about a strat body with a few of the Wolfgang features like binding (dont think ive ever seen a strat with binding, could be interesting) hardmounted pups, the reinforced neck (remember there's a Franky replica with WG neck).
Or what about an ash strat, with pickguard and slanted pickup in either standard 6 point trem, maple neck, CBS headstock or w/FR with modern headstock and ebony, rosewood and maple necks?

GMW Guitars built most (if not all) of those things back in the '90's and early 2000's.

Nix5150Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 12:25 AM

Yes gmw did!

Brent, I'm with you 100% on a book like that! It would be F*#king sweet!

"A guitar is a very personal extension of the person playing it. You have to be emotionally and spiritually connected to your instrument. I'm very brutal on my instruments, but no all the time." -Edward Van Halen

jimi1647Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 12:56 AM

Panek911 wrote:
I was hoping that Ed would bring out the Rude guitar since it was in a recent video interview. He did install a Wolfgang pickup and an EVH floyd rose in there, so this tells me he is jamming on his old axes.

Here's alink to last year's thread:

http://halen.com/evh/index.php?name=PNp ... p;t=694898

Panek911 wrote:
If there is ANY of his guitars that I want to see a replica of, it would be the Shark, the Rude, the Rasta, or the Snake/Dragon Axe. That would be killer.

The problem is that FMIC does not own Gibson, [Gibson owns Kramer and Ibanez was sued by Gibson for copying the Explorer with their Destroyer!

That means the 5150 and all the Kramers are off limits and the Shark is also.

The Snake is a complicated, hand-carved, hand-painted, one-of-a-kind instument that would be way too labor intensive to replicate. And even if they [somehow could swing it, imagine how much it would cost!

The Charvel VH II could easily be done, but the fact that it's now buried with Dime may put the brakes on that idea real fast.

That leaves the Rude, the Unchained, the Rasta and the Star available... but honestly, I don't see it happening.... and even if it did, the guitars would be way out of our price range. Besides, Ed is full steam ahead with EVH Gear.

jimi1647Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 12:57 AM

AtomicPunk91 wrote:
I think the best option to celebrate Ed and Van Halen's resurgence in '12 is a high quality official book on Ed's guitars with new detailed photos of Franky, 5150, Shark, Rude etc. This would be a great gear retrospective to have for the fans. If it was done chronologically from Ed's early days till his first Ernie Ball signatures and up to the modern Stealth, and possibly with a foreword from Ed about his 'tone chasing' and history of gear.

Highly unlikely and probably a fan dream, but nonetheless it would be incredible to have something like that come out from the EVH camp.

I'd pre-order it! Very Happy

ECruzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 02:16 AM

jimi1647 wrote:
ECruz wrote:
When I read the thread title, i thought it was about the EVH brand expanding into new models, not making replicas of old models. Something else to go along with the Wolfgang.
Perhaps offering Strats with EVH influences. I know the Charvels pretty much handle the hot rod strat but what about a strat body with a few of the Wolfgang features like binding (dont think ive ever seen a strat with binding, could be interesting) hardmounted pups, the reinforced neck (remember there's a Franky replica with WG neck).
Or what about an ash strat, with pickguard and slanted pickup in either standard 6 point trem, maple neck, CBS headstock or w/FR with modern headstock and ebony, rosewood and maple necks?

GMW Guitars built most (if not all) of those things back in the '90's and early 2000's.

isnt GMW a custom shop though?

ObiVanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 02:29 AM

I'd say no to another guitar for all the reasons stated already. HOWEVER, what I would LOVE to see and have lamented the non-existence of for more years than I can count is a multi-processor. I've long dreamed of Ed producing a good quality multi-processor that would come with all of his classic effects and tones for every song in the VH catalog already preset into it, sort of like a Line6. Want Women in Love? Click. Hear About it Later? Click. Ahhh, a dream come true. Call it "The Brown Sound", stripe it up and ship it out.

jimi1647Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 03:08 AM

ECruz wrote:

Yeah,... but what do you think EVH Gear is?

ECruzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 04:43 AM

jimi1647 wrote:
ECruz wrote:

Yeah,... but what do you think EVH Gear is?

A brand. It's Eddies' "custom shop" but it's still a brand, which is why i suggested they expand on the models they offer other than the WG variations.

R0B-0-STEELOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 11:03 PM

ObiVan wrote:
I'd say no to another guitar for all the reasons stated already. HOWEVER, what I would LOVE to see and have lamented the non-existence of for more years than I can count is a multi-processor. I've long dreamed of Ed producing a good quality multi-processor that would come with all of his classic effects and tones for every song in the VH catalog already preset into it, sort of like a Line6. Want Women in Love? Click. Hear About it Later? Click. Ahhh, a dream come true. Call it "The Brown Sound", stripe it up and ship it out.

Great idea

Nix5150Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 09, 2012 - 02:49 AM

Guys this may be a surprising question but. What is the rude guitar? I've never heard of it till u guys posted it. Never ever seen it or heard of the name? When was it used?

"A guitar is a very personal extension of the person playing it. You have to be emotionally and spiritually connected to your instrument. I'm very brutal on my instruments, but no all the time." -Edward Van Halen

jimi1647Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 09, 2012 - 04:30 AM

Nix5150 wrote:
Guys this may be a surprising question but. What is the rude guitar? I've never heard of it till u guys posted it. Never ever seen it or heard of the name? When was it used?

What?!!! What is the Rude guitar?!!!... how dare you... Shocked Laughing

The EVH Rude (so named because of the what's in the neck pocket)...

..is a guitar that Ed used during the 1981 Fair Warning tour.

It started out as this unfinished 2" thick mahogany Booge Bodies body...

Nix5150Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 09, 2012 - 04:39 AM

jimi1647 wrote:
Nix5150 wrote:

What?!!! What is the Rude guitar?!!!... how dare you... Shocked Laughing

The EVH Rude (so named because of the what's in the neck pocket)...

..is a guitar that Ed used during the 1981 Fair Warning tour.

It started out as this unfinished 2" thick mahogany Booge Bodies body...

Wow that's awesome!! I'm not a fan of the looks, but it's awesome finding out about another guitar that existed but i didn't know it Laughing

Thanx Jimi!!

Jump to: