Topics:29620  7.44
Users:10126  2.54
MEMBERS ONLINE
jimi1647
There are 37 unlogged users and 1 registered user online
You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Login  

New User? Sign Up!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
robgeetarOffline
Post subject: EVH D-Tuna on OTHER STRINGS??  PostPosted: Apr 21, 2012 - 12:34 AM

First time poster, first time on the site, just a whole first timer! But basically I had a question I could not find anywhere online. My question is:

The EVH D-Tuna, can it be used on different strings other than the E string to drop tune to D?

What my plan for this is I want to be able to use it on the D string but intonate it so that when the D-Tuna is initiated it would be in E. Short story: I wanna uptune my D string to E.

Will be using this for full octave string skipping, almost what Paul Gilbert did with his double neck (tunning D up to E) except I will not be removing the strings as he did. Any thoughts? Anyone actually do this before? is it even possible considering the gauge or such? I've never actually played with a D-Tuna, let alone see one in person. Thanks and keep rockin!

-robgeetar

(side note on gear): Jackson Dinky with OG Floyd, tuned 1/2 step down, .10 gauge strings

Reply with quote Back to top
Panek911Offline
Post subject: RE: EVH D-Tuna on OTHER STRINGS??  PostPosted: Apr 21, 2012 - 02:01 AM

I've played some EVH Wolfgangs with the D-Tuna. When tuned and intonated correctly, the D-Tuna does wonders, but one slight error and you will be too sharp or flat. I myself have pondered on this question for some time now and would love a system where I can play in standard tuning, drop all my strings down to D and back to standard. If you have the money, get a steinberger with a Transtrem. That system stransposses the strings so you can play them in any pitch and tuning and stay in tune just by lowering or raising the whammy bar. I think if you were to install the D-Tuna on all strings, I don't think it would work out the way I described above. Maybe until you bent the strings or used the whammy bar, but then it would go outta tune.

robgeetarOffline
Post subject: RE: EVH D-Tuna on OTHER STRINGS??  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2012 - 06:50 PM

Awesome info! thanks! I will actually be planning on using the d-tuna only on one string so hopefully the gauge of the string won't give me a problem since it will used on the D string to tune up to E. But thanks! I will give it a try hopefully in this next week and will comment on how it worked! Thanks!!

Jump to: