Topics:29713  7.30
Users:10151  2.49
MEMBERS ONLINE
AndreDoles
There are 39 unlogged users and 1 registered user online
You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Login  

New User? Sign Up!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FloydRose1977
Post subject: Ain't Talking 'Bout Love - Need good settings for ZOOM G2.1u  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2010 - 02:29 PM

Can anybody here help me out, please?

I've bought a ZOOM G2.1u FX and trying to get a similiar sound for the intro of Ain't Talking 'Bout Love.

I'm experementing with the settings since few month without of luck! My goal is to use the Phaser on the Intro, and set the settings for the Flanger on the other Channel, so I can stomp my pedal at the right time an switch back again.

Here are my settings:

COMPRESSOR: OFF; WAH/EFX: OFF; ZNR - Noise reduction: dG - Dirty gate Threshold:4 ; DRIVE: PV - PV Drive, Gain 90 Tone 0 Level 80; EQ: ON Bass: -6 Middle: 2 Treble: -3; Extra EQ/Cabinet & Mic: Et - Extra EQ Lo mid/Mic type: 2 Presence/Mic pos: - 2 Harmonics: -2;
MOD/SFX: dF - Dynamic Flanger Depth/Time: 1.0 Rate/Feedback: 0
Reso/Mix: -6 DELAY Type: OFF; REVERB Type: HL - Hall Decay:
10 Tone: 10 Mix: 25

Would appreciate any help on this!

Original 1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial, Peavey EVH Wolfgang, OLP MM1 Axis, Custom made Black&White "Frankenstrat", Custom made 5150 Guitar.

Amp:

Bugera 6262-212 Combo

Reply with quote Back to top
DutchieOffline
Post subject: RE: Ain  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2010 - 04:21 PM

Here's a link too a site with 100's of patches for the G2

http://www.haax.se/manualsite/index.php?unit=G2

FloydRose1977
Post subject: Re: RE: Ain  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2010 - 08:24 AM

Dutchie wrote:

Hi,

I already know this site and I have uploaded the patch for aint talkin bout love Wink

I just think that the ZOOM G2.1u is not the right MultiFX for the sound of ATBL. I was optimistic because of the Peavey 5150 Amp modellation, but the Flanger and Phaser are to digital.

I think I will sell the unit and try it with a Line POD, as I'm not willing to spent hundrets of bucks for a pro FX. I'll try to get as close as it is possible with "low budget"...

Original 1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial, Peavey EVH Wolfgang, OLP MM1 Axis, Custom made Black&White "Frankenstrat", Custom made 5150 Guitar.

Amp:

Bugera 6262-212 Combo

Mr_5150Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Ain  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2010 - 06:39 PM

FloydRose1977 wrote:
Dutchie wrote:

Hi,

I already know this site and I have uploaded the patch for aint talkin bout love Wink

I just think that the ZOOM G2.1u is not the right MultiFX for the sound of ATBL. I was optimistic because of the Peavey 5150 Amp modellation, but the Flanger and Phaser are to digital.

I think I will sell the unit and try it with a Line POD, as I'm not willing to spent hundrets of bucks for a pro FX. I'll try to get as close as it is possible with "low budget"...

I have one and I suggest getting rid of it. Its great for practicing in your room or when you don't wanna disturb others but it most definitely stifles the true sound of your guitar and harmonics. I installed EVOs in my Ibanez a long time ago but didn't notice that much of a difference in the harmonics. I thought it was strange so I plugged it straight into one of amps and surprisingly it sounded completely different than the original pups and the harmonics were crazy easy. The zoom stifles your sound.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
FloydRose1977
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Ain  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2010 - 08:43 PM

Hi Mr_5150,

I think the ZOOM G2.1u is a very good and affordable MultiFX with a lot of great features, a built in drum machine, usb interface for direct recoring etc.! Also the effects and Amp modellings are really not bad - but this FX isn't made for the sound of Eddies guitars. It's to "digital" without of the analog character. The Falngers or Phasers for example sounds to crunchy, to crisp at least too digital to match the sound of an analog MXR Flanger for example!

With the ZOOm G2.1u you can match a lot of famous and popular sounds, for example it is perfect for some of the Steve Vai tones, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKuTJ2NVqM

At this youtube Channel you can find a lot of patches for the G2.1u wich are really amazing - but over all, not the right stuff for what I'm searchin for...

Can anybody tell me how it is with the Software calles "Amplitube" oder "Guitar Rig"??

Amp:

Bugera 6262-212 Combo

Jump to: